|Do Youth Care About Social Justice?
You bet they do!
We know that our youth genuinely want
to help in the fight against child exploitation.
Returns™ encourages youth to help us in our work
1) Raising awareness about social justice:
- Choose 'social justice' for school
- Arrange for a speaker from Hope Returns
speak at your school.
- Talk about the human trafficking issues
with friends and family.
this cause while having fun with your friends through
fundraising projects such as:
- Academy Awards
Night - students dress up as celebrities and create video movie
skits for the event. Admission charged to event.
- Art /Book Fair
– relatives/friends/artists donate art/books. Provides a fun shopping
experience for students and a great way to rasie money.
- Balloon Pop
– notes are put inside balloons -some worth a prize. Balloons are
purchased and popped in hopes of getting a prize.
- Bike or
Walk-a-thon – choose a date and route, make pledge forms and
advertise with posters
- Car Wash
– students get permission to set up a car wash in a parking lot.
- Carnival –
with games, prizes, popcorn (charge small fee to play games)
- Corsage Making
– students make and sell them for prom night – i.e. $7.00/per corsage.
- Craft Fair –
Students make crafts and sell them at their craft fair.
- Dance –
one dollar more for ticket, sell roses at the dance, etc.
- Dress-up Day –
students pay to wear eveningwear or tuxedo to school. A fashion Show is
held at lunch time and the winners are crowned.
- Rubber Duck
– sell numbered plastic ducks. Set the ducks afloat on a shallow
river. The person whose duck wins the race gets a prize.
- Dunking Booth
- Charge $1 per ball to dunk a student or teacher.
Home/School Videos - entry fee – winner gets prize.
- “Guess the
Baby” Contest - photos of teachers/students as babies posted.
Voters pay a fee – winner gets prize.
- Karaoke Night -
for students and adults. Admission charged about $3.00. Snacks are
- Lunch ‘n Learn
- Invite a speaker and provide lunch for a lunch-time workshop on a
topic of interest.
- Miniature Golf
– build a nine-hole golf course at your school – charge a fee to
play during the lunch hour.
Fundraiser - The movie is free. Refreshments about $2.00.
- PJ Days
– Students pay $1.00 to wear pajamas to class on specified days.
- Raffle Tickets
– for a basket, to sporting event, etc.
- Scavenger Hunt
– entry fee – winners get prize.
- School Trivia
Contest – questions about events that happened at the school -
entry fee & winners get prize.
- Shovel Snow –
shovel people’s walks for a donation.
Show - A skit/puppet show usually performed by the drama club.
Admission charged or a display table is set up for donations.
- students serve ice cream, hot chocolate, or other sweets at lunch or
breaks in order to raise money. Get items donated or baked by
- Talent Show
– admission to event is charged.
- Tricycle Races
– Students race - feature attraction is
the Teachers Race - admission to event is charged.
- Ugly Tie /
Ugly Earrings Day - entry fee – winners get prize.
- Wild Hat Day
- entry fee – winners get prize.
you have your
own creative idea?
* All funds raised
for Hope Returns go directly to rehabilitating rescued girls who
have been exploited and abused.